In his podcast, Akimbo, Seth Godin teaches us how to adopt a posture of possibility, change the culture, and choose to make a difference. Here are my takeaways from the episode.
- Resist the urge to hold back, to wait and not to launch. Take “salto mortale” (the dangerous leap).
- You don’t need the “Grand Opening,” to win every time.
- In order to make a kick-starter succeed, you need to begin with people who trust you.
- As Kevin Kelly has pointed out, having 1,000 true fans is sufficient to make it as a creative person.
- Play the slow, steady, daring, risky, and thrilling game.
- First 10: tell 10 people who trust you and see what happens. If the idea does not spread, make better work.
- Make the best thing possible, every day, and wait for people to tell others.
- Make things for the early adopters, not for the mass in the middle. If the early adopters talk about it, make more and better work.